In memory of Teoh Beng Hock

Silent outrage at Teoh's funeral from Indrani Kopal on Vimeo.




I wasn't there for the funeral, I was just a video editor who edited the footage that our camera crew shot. I spend 8 hours editing the videos from the beginning of the ceremony till the end ... if you have watched the video, you probably would have been moved by the music and the treatment given to the video ... it was my personal tribute for the family and his fiancee... but that wasn't the reality, the reality in the video was different.

I feel the whole event was so politicized...one aspect that I did not like abt the service was the way the cameras were clicking away non-stop and video crews was trying to violate every little privacy that the family was trying to cherish ... all the famous faces and figure stealing the limelight ... but from another aspect, ... I was really moved with the turned out of the crowd ... hundreds of people who came to pay their last respect to someone they probably never even knew in person ... I think that itself was a very strong message!

Indrani Kopal

Comments

Popular Posts